1 UNF Drive Bldg 45
To be considered for entrance into the UNF School of Music, you must apply separately to the University’s admissions department and also to the UNF School of Music via a live or taped audition. Specific audition requirements and procedures are outlined in the UNF School of Music Student Handbook. We are fortunate to be able to offer many talent‐based and academic scholarships every year, including tuition waivers, to qualified new and returning students. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a music student at the University of North Florida, please contact us at (904) 620‐2960.
Admission and Scholarship Auditions
Admission and Scholarship auditions for the academic year are listed below. For the undergraduate program, please complete and submit the UNF School of Music admission application. For the graduate program, please complete the graduate program application and submit the required materials. To be considered for entrance, you must also apply to the University of North Florida and receive acceptance. Then, you will receive a link via e-mail to schedule an audition time on the preferred date and primary instrument indicated on your application. Prospective students who have not scheduled an audition a week prior to their desired audition date should contact the music office at (904) 620‐2960.
In order to be considered for a scholarship award, prospective students must provide at least one letter of recommendation. The letter should evaluate the student’s work ethic and their ability to successfully complete a Bachelor of Music degree, written by a teacher familiar with the student’s work habits. The letter should be mailed to UNF School of Music, University of North Florida, 1 UNF Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32224, Attention: Dr. Nick Curry.
2018 – 2019 Audition Dates
- January 19, 2019
- February 16, 2019
- March 9, 2019
Important things to remember:
- Apply to UNF as early as possible in the fall of your senior year of high school. UNF offers academic scholarships based on GPA and test scores, you must apply by the November deadline to be eligible.
- Acceptance into the UNF School of Music is different from acceptance into UNF. You must audition for School of Music acceptance and scholarship consideration.
- General audition requirements and specific audition advice is available by contacting the professor who teaches your instrument/voice.
- Students can schedule an appointment with UNF Admissions to take a campus tour and can also set up an appointment to meet with music faculty and tour the music facilities. Some faculty members may be available to give a complementary lesson during your visit.
- UNF School of Music consists of highly talented and motivated students learning in a focused, intimate environment. Acceptance to the department is based on the incoming students ability to meet expectations for enrollment and availability for new students in teaching studios.