10501 FGCU Blvd. S. Fort Myers
Audition dates for admission and scholarships are:
- Saturday, November 17, 2018
- Saturday, February 02, 2019
- Saturday, March 23, 2019
- Saturday, April 13, 2019 For admittance only – this audition date is not for scholarship consideration
- Recorded Audition – Non-Florida Residents only
LIMITED ACCESS PROGRAM
The Music Progam program at FGCU has been designated as a Limited Access Program. This means that in addition to being fully admitted by FGCU you will need to apply to the Bower School of Music, schedule an audition and be admitted into the Music Program. Students must audition by November 17, 2018 for Spring 2019 admission and April 13, 2019 for Fall 2019 admission.
The audition for admission to the Bower School of Music also serves as the audition for possible scholarship assistance. Music scholarships can only be awarded to students who have completed the FAFSA and FGCU Foundation Scholarship Application. The deadline to complete the FGCU Foundation Scholarship Application is March 1, 2019. To complete the FGCU Foundation Scholarship Application, go to: https://itech.fgcu.edu/es-secured/financialaid/scholarships.asp
ADMISSIONS: APPLICATION PROCESS
1. APPLY TO FGCU – https://www.fgcu.edu/admissions.asp
2. REVIEW – Audition Repertoire Requirements [.pdf – 534kb] 3. APPLY TO BOWER SCHOOL OF MUSIC – https://www2.fgcu.edu/CAS/Music/audition.asp
4. DOWNLOAD & COMPLETE – Letter of Recommendation Form [.pdf – 85kb] Please mail at least one Letter of Recommendation from a music teacher who is familiar with your academic/musical ability prior to your audition date.
THEORY PLACEMENT EXAM
You will take a music theory placement exam. Information about the theory placement exam is below.